Thursday, August 6, 2009

Recent Films :: Up

Up
★★★★★★★★☆☆(8/10)



Woa, almost a month since the last post.Leaving out the lazy part, I think there's 2 reasons for blogs without any posts.(Depending on the type of blog and I'm not digging up excuses here).

1. Same shit different day
2. Too busy

The thing is, the main point for this blog is to keep record of what I've been doing in my usual routine, spill some comments and might as well share it if anyone is interested. It's not like I'm going to share everyday of my life. (I'm not digging up excuses here). So, that out of the way, regarding the 2 points(↑) it's kinda both here. The same shit I'm into is work being busy along with other personal stuff and it wears me out by the time I get home. So I decided to go watch a film I've been looking forward to for a while on a free weekend.
↑↑↑↑↑Up↑↑↑↑↑ by Pixar

It's kind of scary to think it's been a year already since Wall-E. SHIT, it's been a year already since Wall-E....

Anyways, Finding Nemo has been the benchmark for my impressions on 3D animation, coz that's the only animation I think is worth a 10(out of 10). It ain't a 10 if it ain't Nemo material. No Nemo No Ten. So as you can see Up doesn't quite live up to Nemo material but it is STILL A DAMN GOOD FILM.

As usual the character development is top notch and the attention to every detail possible is, well, payed attention to and executed very well. There's just something different with Pixar's rendering that makes everything look beautiful. On one side everything is well developed and the humor just gets into you but on the other side, I think Pixar tried to balance the movie to older audiences as well and threw in a lot of tear breakers, which I think doesn't cut it for kids, and IT IS suppose to be a kids movie. no? I guess Pixar is universal now...but it felt kinda odd. There was a little girl beside me asking her mother if the movie was over yet or not and there was only 1 part in the movie that made kids laugh out loud (vs the giggles). The rest were all grown adults laughing. So I'm not really sure about the balance here.

All in all I had fun so I shouldn't be complaining much.

2 comments:

world of sekimachihato said...

you seem to watch a lot of animated films!
i'm a bit tempted to watch this one too now.
have just been to see "hangover" which was kinda a laugh. hoping one of my mates will throw a bachelor party soon. could be you!?

GL said...

Yea I've been watching a lot on the big screen recently, despite the price tag that comes with the 3D goggles..The price is ridiculous. Ah I want to take a shot at that one but someone ain't into those..

I prolly won't be the one but hook me in if there is any!

Related Posts with Thumbnails