Monday, August 24, 2009

Recent Films :: Inglourious Basterds

Inglourious Basterds
★★★★★★★★★☆ (8.9/10)



I stared at the monitor for approximately 5 minutes to figure out how many stars I’m gonna stamp on this title. What a DAMN GOOD FILM. Watchmen, the best movie I’ve watched this year was a while back and the impact is fading. Current impressions tend to overwhelm the impressions in the past (right?), so I had to be careful. They’re both really different movies but shot by 2 directors that share common tastes in differentiation. Definitely one of the best films this year....

People into Tarantino films probably know what to expect from him or at least assume how it’s going to play so I’ll just save a whole page on that….Just one thing I have to mention is the style isn’t exactly the same and some criticize this but I think it completely makes sense. What you expect from him is still here but more remixed into the era we’re in now. What’s a director without various perspectives?


One thing that got me pinned to the screen was the weird intensity. One out of the bunch: Just 2 men talking in a wood house located in the mountains of France. They’re just talking. I don’t know WTF it was I had chills run down my spine a couple times. I’m (still) guessing it’s the camera movement + situation….or it could be Christoph Waltz. This guy’s nuts. But it got me nervous the whole scene, and I still don’t know why. I guess the way Tarantino portrays “whats next” is just genial.

Must watch.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails