Tuesday, March 24, 2009

H for Hot :: K for Kill

I was walking the other day, mid-afternoon, somewhere down the crowded streets of Hong Kong feeling confident with the spiky styling I pulled off in the morning with some Gatsby. I took a glimpse of my reflection off a glass from a windowpane, only to find a dump of drenched seaweed on my head.


I swear Hong Kong’s got to be one of the most humid cities in Asia. Located at the center (near the equator) of the humid subtropical climate zone, there aren’t many days where you can enjoy cool breezes on a dry atmosphere. When I first arrived in Hong Kong, I’ve always been wondering how the Japanese keep their hair up for such a long time and why most of the people in Hong Kong have drenched hair stuck on their foreheads. Wax/gel made in China? They don’t give a damn? My hair grows fast and is relatively thick but that was far from the main reason (I read somewhere in Japan it has something to do with “horny hormones”…can’t deny). After experiencing about half a month in Hong Kong, it didn’t take me long to find out.


Last night I stepped out into the balcony to take a look at the nice view of Hong Kong I was fortunate enough to have for such a reasonable rent. Stretching my arms while yawning, I looked out and just paused. Wait a minute. What the hell happened. I couldn’t even see the damn silhouette’s of skyscrapers! I saw nothing but fog, and barely the first building in front of me.
Eventually I couldn’t see a thing outside.
The stickiness is very irritating, but I do enjoy the mystic view of the skyscrapers barely visible on the horizon.

Mysterious. Feels like another world out there.

3 comments:

world of sekimachihato said...

i'm so with you on this one!
these last few days my view has become a thick wall of gray... gray...gray humid air.
and talking about hair, i know i have enough horny hormones but why oh why am i limp?! (i'm talking about my hair!)
too much product and it's limp, not enough and it's limp.
the only time it's standing up is when i wake up in the morning (am i talking about my hair?!)

GL said...

Yea I saw some of your photos. The fog actually looked like clouds!

I think if my length is the same as yours it'd be limp too. (hair)
I know exactly what you mean. Need to wash it a bit to put it back down!

mandy said...

two baka...

Related Posts with Thumbnails