Sunday, March 15, 2009

Survival Cooking.01 :: Hamburger Steak


When the word "cook" comes across your mind, I assume MOST people think of a lady in a apron (let's exclude Chefs). Especially domestically (let's exclude the celebrity reality shows). In Japan, I'm pretty sure "lady in a apron" is almost a 90% rate. In Hong Kong, alot of families have full-time domestic helpers, and yes they are Women in a 100% rate (which I honestly disagree with having because the kids are seriously spoiled). Maybe somewhere out of the east as well, before the year 2000.

In a world like this, the year 2000, men have to learn how to cook to survive. Seriously. The Gender Level's been shifting quite a bit recently, if you know what I mean. Women are overpowering Men. I read somewhere in a article that science is at a point where Women can have babies individually. That time can be coming really soon. Which mean Men will be one useless piece of crap one day. No value means a toss to the bin. Hell, in the future there will probably only be one gender. Anyways, men on earth, we need to fight. To give yourself some value, cooking may be one of the many steps.

....So I decided it was time to learn. I mean really cook. Not instants.

So I went with an easy one for my debut. Hamburger Steak. Through this process I learned how to cut onions to shreds! The rest is just pounding meat, mixing some eggs and bread crumbs and putting it to shape.

We'll see what's next.

3 comments:

mandy said...

...

world of sekimachihato said...

wow, you're definately a man now if you can cook steak!

and i guess after someones sushi cooking which ended in upset stomachs i think you should take on this new cooking challenge!

but hang-on, i missed the punch-line so to speak... how was the taste?

GL said...

@mandy
........

@world of sekimachihato
SASUGA. minogashimasenne! Taste is...

★★★☆☆ (3/5)

Futsu~~ desune. Fukami ga zenzen nai. Saved by the fresh meat I was using.

definitely need to take on this challenge. Please fill me in if you've got any nice simple tasteful recipes (nanka obachan mitai).

Related Posts with Thumbnails