Tuesday, April 20, 2010

iPhone 4.0 :: Real or Bull

Here's a photo from Gizmodo, a blog I check everyday for new geeky techs.


















Usually I don't really trust any leaks until the gold announcement by Steve Jobs himself but it's getting pretty close, so here's my brief take on this.

Why it's real: The design approach was something I assumed Apple will take after the 3(2?)years of the same fat iPhone. Was hoping for more of an iPad approach with a aluminum body that wraps around the back with a slight curvature (I don't care if it interferes with the signal) and I'll explain why later. The internal components were from real Apple parts and the quality of the whole aesthetic and assembly is spot on "Apple" (according to Gizmodo). That's about it for me. Looking at pictures only.

Why it's bull: This is the fun part for designers. The first thing that caught my eyes were the seams. How on earth did that approve. Maybe it was a first shot product for test? If this is the real thing I hope they take away the seams in the final development. Those buttons on the side look like works from a freshman design student. WTF? They're on par with what Sony Ericsson does with their phones. Making it more flush and edgy (mentioned above) kinda puts the iPhone in the same 'meh' category with the likes of HTC and Nokia, even knock off iPhones from PRC. I was gonna jump on the 2 screws at the bottom but there are 2 in the old iPhones too so I'll just leave it alone. Most of all it's all about the senses....When an Apple product is announced I always get a high quality feeling that tickles my senses convincing me it's an Apple product (except the iPads existence, no offense on the aesthetics though). This one was kinda weak. Maybe it's the seams. It might be there for a reason we don't know about yet. Maybe it can slide off to finally change batteries?? Gizmodo pried it open and didn't say a word about it so I assume it's impossible. If it's got no use hopefully it is eliminated later.

Gizmodo's got a long explanation of why it's REAL. Check it out here with more photos and a video for a 360 spin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In it something is also I think, what is it good idea.

Related Posts with Thumbnails