Tuesday, June 23, 2009

MBP :: 13

Been looking for an alternative ever since my Vaio refused to turn on. Been using her for a good 4 years though, so I guess it's time for a rotation?

Then comes WWDC'09 at a timing that's just signaling the hell out of me to get one of these chumps. So I decided to check it out. This is the 2nd cycle for the macbook pro's (upgrade announcement since the 1st launch) and like the usual Apple routine it's better bang for money (which I think they screw over consumers). My butt cheeks were already itching from the offer, then the bulb told me my brother happens to be a university student so I can get a discount, with a free iPod.

That sealed the deal.



Not sure what the fuss was about regarding the glossy screen. It doesn't reflect at all when the screen is on. It reflects like a mirror when it's off but why the hell would you stare at a blank friggin screen? The gloss and black frame actually pops the color out really well and I was really surprised with the display quality. I haven't tried it outside yet so my fingers are still crossed, but so far so good.


And here's the free iPod. Chose a red nano coz I have a touch already and it's bound to land on the ladies hand. This thing's so thin you can slice cheese with it.

We'll see how long the MBP lasts with my bro's handling.

Check out the deal here.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

ey, i got myself an ibook just recently too.

people says "once mac, never go back"
i guess will be the guinea pig to see if that's true or not.

so who's the "lady"?

GL said...

For realz?? オレ達通じ合ってるな!

Yea, I once heard that phrase but never had the opportunity to try coz of the lack of 3D CAD support.

I'm feelin what the buzz is about right now that chunk of metal is smooth as hell. Perfect for lifestyle needs and some 2D work. Hell it's faster than my desktop PC now WTF.

nmm. the "Lady". I was referring to my かあちゃん (笑...

GL said...

いや、ホントだから!LOL

Amie said...

What a big fans of Apple!!! gordon you got a macbook pro!!!

Amie said...

by the way..hey what?? you got a free iPod nano by paying for a Macbook Pro? how much discount you have got by your bro's Uni promotion?

GL said...

Can't say I'm a fan yet. It's my 1st book from the big A but it's slowly dragging me in. I'm not a fan of their product cycles. lol.

Yea they offer you a free iPod Touch from the Student discount. If you're a student, that is. Or you can purchase on behalf of a relative. Just purchase the iPod together with the mac and MIR will settle everything later. The offer is until early September. FYI.

I chose a nano coz me'n my bro have a iTouch already.

check it out here http://store.apple.com/hk

original 2GB one is 9.3k HKD

Amie said...

LOL lucky Mandy got a brand new iPod nano in RED!!!!!

GL said...

That's actually my moms....btw...

Anonymous said...

dude, stop lying like those random governor trying to cover up their affairs and $hit....just cough it up.

your mom.....??

昔学校でインド人達が流行らせてたギャグをまたブリ返す気か??

GL said...

くっ・・なんだこのインド人みたいな扱いは。何故誰も信じねぇ!ヘンムラジャニーかオレは!

しかしあったな~。インド人のギャグオンパレード。

この前Sachinと飲みにいったけど変わってないぜ。めっちゃ懐かしい事話してたな・・・伝説の「金ちゃんヌードル」・・

Related Posts with Thumbnails