Sunday, June 7, 2009

Recent Films :: Star Trek

Star Trek
★★★★★★★★☆☆ (8/10)


I remember when I was a kid, back in the #0's when I turned on the TV and saw a blonde bloke with a shroom-head with pointy ears called SPOT or something. They often talked a lot and sometimes shot a "alien" down once in a while (and I swear it was just a hairy man with make up). Conclusion: I watched Star Wars instead.

So at first this movie wasn't really appealing to me because I never followed the original and I wouldn't have any nostalgic feel like the others are looking forward to. Or how everything is renewed to fit into our current generation. There was just 2 things that had me barely hooked on to the bait.

1. I have a thing for Space. Being the mystery it is, darkness it is, WTF it is. The visualized existence of everything outside our world fascinates me.
2. Sylar from Heroes being SPOCK (SPOCK!!)

So I gave it a try: --------------WHAT AN INTRODUCTION


The cast was perfect for every role (especially the main 2 above) and the plot was interesting. The Visuals, stunning. 98% of the whole movie is CG so be prepared for that but you won't feel conned in any way. 2% of it is "real", 1 being the people in it and 1 more being the crops'n fields that set a contrast with the hi-tech buildings. In SF movies like this there tends to be parts that feel long or over done (cough)Star Wars(cough), but there wasn't a slight moment of boredom in this film. clapclapclapclapclap.


But one thing. After walking out of the theater I didn't get the same heavy mysterious feel The Watchmen gave me a while ago. Sure it's fancy and entertaining but it kind of lacks depth that fuels your brain about the movie even when you're back home cleaning your crotch. I remember I was non-stop with The Watchmen for a few days. I kept thinking about it over and over 'n over. So it might just be me, it's a very good movie and EVERYONE MUST WATCH IT but with this perspective painted on canvas this film will have to be hanging on The Watchmen's ass for my ranking.

*Comparing them as a SF/CG movie in mind...that is...Not all movies apply to this perspective.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails