Saturday, August 9, 2008

Beijing Olympics :: Opening Ceremony

★★★★★(5/5)


Colossal "footsteps" of fireworks march towards the national stadium, the heat increases as it gets closer. The ceremony prepares with exploding fireworks surrounding the Nest above 90,000 people, and it begins...
I have to admit the opening was nothing like I've seen before. The whole screen filled with 2,008 drummers and a humongous ancient roll structured with I don't know how many thousand LED's totally got my attention. Really impressive. It was way out of my expectations.
Props to all the performers who trained for this day and Zhang Yimou (director of Hero, House of Flying Daggers) who produced the Opening and Closing ceremony for the Beijing Olympics.
Oyea forgot to mention: The dancer(above) was just hot hot hot.

Click to Enlarge


(Photos provided by Getty Images and the Official Site)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails